Tag: Administration

MYACT Board Meeting March 14, 2021

MYACT Board Meeting March 14, 2021

Call to order: 3:05pm

In attendance: Jessica Shapiro, Bonnie Bettencourt, Kandas Wright, Michael Morales, Erin Santoro, Jessica Rhoades

Introduction of guests: Alissa DeAnda, Cierra Bettencourt, Natalie Gill

Approval of minutes: Mike moves to approve with date correction of meeting date, Erin seconds, minutes approved by consensus.

Treasurer / Update March 14, 2021

  • February: $7500 in the bank, additional money in PayPal with donuts, est. $7800 total (see report below)
  • Going forward: $6300 – 3-4 months in expenses in the bank, not counting fundraising efforts coming up.
  • Budget Related Items
    • Grants and Donations
      • Waiting List: January 2021 Applied for $5000 grant from California Relief Grant Program
    • 2021 P&L through February and end Q1 projections
      • Refer to attached report
      • Cash Balance at end of 2020 was $9782 (bank)
      • $423 PayPal
      • Cash Balance at end of Feb 2021 $7506(Bank)
      • Projected Bank Balance at end of Q1: $6331
      • Detailed financial reports available on request. Interested parties should contact Mike Morales for more information.   Contact Mike at mike@goldenk.net.
    • Business Items
      • Building Lease
        • Landlord has agreed to a one year extension under current terms and monthly rental amount.
      • Non-profit 501 (c)(3) administrative filings and updates
        • Treasurer has spoken with Amy Falken at Sierra Non-profit. She will assist with assessing our status filings in order to get us up to date. Fee will be $75 which will be paid/donate by Mike Morales. Based on Amy’s findings Mike will work with Amy to get any missing forms and documentation filed.
        • Pending outcomes of non-profit administration filings Treasurer will begin working on new Bi-Laws for MYACT.
      • Miscellaneous
        • None

Committee Reports

  • Fundraising
  • Kristy Kreme: around $400 profit, pickup to happen March 20th
  • Easter Bunny Helper Fundraiser: Teen advisory board is working to get this fundraiser going and start taking orders. Jessica S. will be putting out advertising for this event.
    • Estimated: 2 drivers and 2 teams of decorators, able to do about 16 houses total. Looking for additional drivers/decorators.
  • Restaurant Fundraisers – Natalie Gill
    • Has been contacting places to setup fundraising.
    • DayO was checking with their manager – interested.
    • YoGood also checking with manager – interested.
    • A lot of other places interested but they have all said they will call back.
  • Business Cards
    • Bonnie will move forward and work with Evelyn on creating business cards quickly with the new logo in place to print, under $100 budget.
  • Junior Advisory Board/Outreach
    • 3 current members: Alissa DeAnda, Cierra Bettencourt, Taylor DeAnda. In search of additional members to move forward
  • Board Member Recruitment/Outreach
    • Still in search of additional board members
    • Evelyn is working with the board and hopefully will be considering joining the board in the future
    • Asking for outreach to people who may be interested in participating and being a part of the board with MYACT.
    • Jessica S is hoping to step down as president perhaps at the end of the year.
    • In need of facilities, and additional “doers” to fill spaces needed in various positions which can lead to being a part of the board.
    • Erin trying to look into options she has seen for an online fundraising with online auction so we can offer shows or fundraisers online.
  • Production
    • Summer Camp
      • Jessica reaching out to various people to ensure we have staffing. Possibly Lauren Brosesco, Sabrina Jensen is not available.
      • Dates: Starting July 5th and running weekdays, M-F
      • Time of day will be set for kids, shorter times for younger kids separate program for teens to young adults in the evenings.
      • Kids under 15 will all be a part of the summer camp program – this will be an adjusted version of Catch A Falling Spy. This will allow for those who missed out to be able to perform the play and will reduce costs for the show, props, etc. Advertising will be driven around theatre participation and learning, theatre community.
      • Teen program will be adapting a public domain show or something similar that they will be putting together and producing.
      • Production: July 30th-August 1st with 2 performances if we are unable to have a live audience. Teen production the following weekend.
      • ½ day camp pricing – $350 early bird pricing by mid-April, increased cost from mid-April until June 1st.
      • Advertising needs to begin this next week to start getting kids enrolled as soon as we’re past the Easter Bunny fundraiser.
    • Marketing Report – Mike
      • Social Media and Marketing meetings have been happening, working with Evelyn Scott.
        • Instagram has been created.
        • New logos have been created with some alterations that may come out to advertise our Youth programs, pip squeak programs, etc.
        • Facebook is being utilized.
      • Will be looking into reach as we determined to maintain organic reach at this point before we look into paid advertising.
      • Looking into marketing with weekly themes of past sponsors, theater history, testimonials, spirit weeks.
      • Looking into ideas and help/support from Junior Advisory board for outreach and ways to engage.
      • Continue searching for testimonials and possibly creating videos with editing by Natalie Gill.
    • Facilities
      • Building Prep
        • Mike – $175 cleanup cost to haul off remaining items from the yard sale. Theatre is now cleaned up from the yard sale,
        • In need of walk through and planning in preparation for summer camp.
        • Cleanup needs to happen, building checked out for insulation issues – need a walk through with someone who might be able to give us some ideas on what needs to happen.
          • Large hole above the stage where a crow has been residing. Needs patching.
        • Facilities committee and leadership were needed. Buck Collie and Mark were previously interested in being a part of this.
        • WATCH Resources is ready to start using the theatre again whenever we are ready to allow it. Mike will reach out to Michael Roberson about this.
        • Theatre neighbor has taken over our tent space in between the buildings – Kandas will talk to him Saturday about clearing out as we will need to utilize this space moving forward.
      • Board of Directors Election
        • This was postponed until March 2021.
        • Kandas has asked to step down as Vice President for the rest of the year.
        • The following slate has been nominated:
          • President: Jessica Shapiro
          • Treasurer: Michael Morales
          • Secretary: Bonnie Bettencourt
        • Erin Santoro moves to accept these nominations, Jessica Rhoades seconds. Board has been approved as listed above for the rest of 2021.
      • Theft of Risers
        • Jessica Rhoades has been subpoenaed to attend court tomorrow, 3/15/21, in regards to the risers that were stolen from MYACT.
        • She will go if she is called tomorrow or next Monday but after that, she will provide information to the DA for another board member to attend – Erin and Bonnie have offered to attend if needed. Mike and Kandas can be backups.
      • Upcoming Meetings
        • Fundraising Meeting: March 22nd at 5:30pm
        • Marketing Meeting: March 22nd at 6:30pm following Fundraising
        • Next board meeting: May 16th at 3pm
      • Taxes
        • Terry Miller completed our taxes
        • Jessica signed them this week
        • We are doing this in trade for $300 in advertising.

No closed session needed.

Adjourned: 5:46pm

Respectfully submitted: Bonnie Bettencourt, Secretary